July Meeting highlights:
* Anita volunteered and was elected amongst cheers as Vice President! Thank you and many blessings Anita!
* Attending theater; "Annie" at R.C. High School, Aug. 4 meet for dinner at Fiesta Fe at 5:00 theater to follow. (We had 12 for dinner and everyone greatly enjoyed the play!)
* Everyone agreed the "Day about Town" was great and we thank all the ladies who hosted and Lorna for the craft project. Several had on the wool bracelets they had made.
* Quilt Show; Oct. 1 , set up Sept. 30. Anita will contact Schmitt Woodland to check if Ann had made contact and if need be give them info. ect. At Aug. meeting we would like to have a sign up of how many items you plan to exhibit. We need 40+ items. Also remember we need items to sell (Cash and Carry). Just a reminder we have talked of having a "Red Work" theme for 2012.
* I requested we change the meeting date in May as it would be on Memorial Day. It was voted and approved to meet on the 3rd. Mon. in May (the 21st). All other meetings will stay at the 4th Mon.
* Grace Projects; I was informed that our baskets were sold for $75 and $85. Thanks everyone. I suggested we might try something different this coming year. Bags are so popular I suggested we make bags, (purses, totes of many sizes and patterns) to sell. It was discussed and thought we could sell them at the local bank much like a bake sale. Everyone is invited to bring your bags and/or patterns to show and discuss at the Aug. meeting. We will decide then if this is something we want to do.
* It was voted we do not need refreshments severed after meetings although anyone is welcome to share a treat for birthdays etc.
* Sue's Sweat Shirt/Jacket Class Sat. Aug. 13 9:00 to 4:00 Cost $5.00 You will need a mechanical pencil, don't forget a T-shirt that fits well to be used as a pattern and scissors for cutting paper plus you usual class supplies, sewing machine, thread, etc. (you all know what you need). We can order out for lunch or bring a bag lunch.
* Just a reminder; Oelwein Retreat 2012 is set for April 19-20-21. $175 includes supper Fri. and Sat. Add another day, Wed. for $50.
Next meeting; Aug. 22 I will attempt to teach you a method to make "perfect" half square triangles. It's so easy, it has to be if I can do it.
I hope to have a schedule of events for upcoming meetings to hand out. If you have any suggestions please let me know ASAP. I think we are flexible to make changes if needed.
Hope I didn't forget something, let me know if I did.
Look forward to seeing everyone,nice to see several are bringing in hand sewing to work on and the Show and Tell is always great!
See you soon, keep creating!