Sunday, July 25, 2010

NEWSLETTER July 2010

Summer is Here

Maybe I should call it “weeding season”! They sure are the fastest things growing with this heat and rain! At least we all know we’re not alone out there “weeding” through the weeds. Everyone I’ve talked to claims his/her grass and weeds are growing twice as fast as anything else. Some vegetable gardens are not as productive as people had hoped. I still like this time of year – fruits and vegetables are easier to find and diets are easier (and cheaper) to stick to with the fruits’ and vegetables’ availability.

Another Quilt Year Ahead

I’ve been thinking how I can make the guild better for everyone. I know that not everyone will be “happy” but then when does that happen? Do circumstances really occur that make everyone happy? If you know how to make that happen, please let me know. I will tell you that I’ve put a lot of thought into this year and have a few ideas that I will share at the guild meeting on Monday, July 26.

I’ve enclosed a questionnaire that I hope everyone will take the time to fill out. Remember this is YOUR guild too!

New Books

I’m not usually one to buy new books, but these are so good I did buy 4 of them*! Check them out:

Farmers’ Wife (traditional blocks)

Hobo Quilts (blocks With the Signs the Hobos used)

*Bargello Quilts With a Twist (bargello quilts made using blocks)

*Quilted Symphony (a very good art quilt design book)

*First Ladies’ Quilt (a history & block for each First Lady)

*Bead Creative Art Quilts (very good instructional beading book)

Birthday Blocks

If you’ve signed up for the birthday block exchanges, please follow through. It’s interesting each month to see what people have made.

See you at the Guild Meeting, Monday, July 27, 7:00p.m.

Deb

No comments: